The capital state of West Bengal has been a famous tourist destination known for its capability to woo multitude of foreign tourists to its joyous grounds. Flightstoindia has sought the opportunity to offer cheap air tickets to Kolkata for budget tourists looking out for cheap India holidays in Kolkata.
The city was discovered very early in history and houses the oldest operating harbor ports in India. You can book cheap flights to Kolkata from London in order to explore the various mystical wonders of this amazingly warm and friendly city.
A Walk through Kolkata’s Past
Archeological studies have shown the inhabitance of human race in Kolkata for the last 2 millennia. It has played a major role in the history of India and is still an important center of business, commerce, art, literature and politics.
Cheap tickets to Kolkata, India is the cheapest option that you can choose to begin your journey in discovering the history of Kolkata city that has tourists as well as research scholars bubbling in its friendly atmosphere and various places of interest.
Book an all inclusive Kolkata tour package for a good grip on the city during your tour. However, if you are only interested in the old heritage buildings that the city is famous for, you can choose perfect tour packages from Flightstoindia travel website that could fit easily within your limited budget.
5 Most Important Heritage Buildings of Kolkata, India
The splendid City of Joy is famous for its heritage buildings which counts over 800 to be specific, consisting of many small, medium and large structures, each with its own story of significance. It is actually hard to select a few that holds more significance or value on the lands of Kolkata.
Book your air tickets to Kolkata from London through the best travel agencies of UK in order to get a detailed tour of this cultural pit within a limited time span that you get with your budget Kolkata tour packages.
Mentioned below are the 5 most important heritage buildings situated in Kolkata:
- National Library: Originally a Belvedere Estate constructed in the 17th century, the National Library was acquired by the government in 1854 to act as the Vice Regal House. Visit the largest library building in India spread over 30 acres of land in Alipur region with cheap flights to Kolkata to explore the National Library of India.
- Tipu Sultan’s Mosque: Buy cheap Kolkata tour packages to visit the Tipu Sultan’s Mosque which was built by his son Mohammed in 1842 which is one of the oldest buildings standing in Kolkata. Situated in the heart of the city, this mosque is constantly undergoing renovation but is still a huge attraction to all foreign tourist visiting the city with cheap air tickets.
- Calcutta High Court: Present Kolkata High Court is also the High Court of Indian sub-continent. This Gothic Style building was designed by famous Walter Granville in 1872.
- Jorasanko Thakurbari: This ancient mansion was built in the 18th century and is the birthplace of famous poet Rabindranath Tagore built by his grandfather Prince Dwarkanath Tagore. Also visit the Rabindra Bharati University that lies adjacent to this historical mansion.
- Kolkata Town Hall: This heritage Town Hall was built in 1814 as a proper venue for social gatherings and meetings prior to the Swadeshi Movement in India. By Shankar Prasad www.flightstoindia.co.uk