With Paris, the capital of fashion and haute couture, Europe is indeed the Mecca for those whose appetite for shopping never ends. Throughout the world, people have great frenzy for shopping, and Europe being one of the most sought after tourist destination in the world, today I am going to tell about the biggest and the grandest shopping destinations of Europe.
- Paris (France) This capital city of France is the heaven of shoppers, and even those people who tilt their brows for shopping can’t stop themselves from shopping here. This city breathes love and fashion. Visited by millions every year, Paris offers latest and trend setting fashion. Some of the landmarks for shopping in here are; Avenue Montaigne and Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honore. Apart from the glitter of latest fashion, several flea markets are also found on the hems of the city.
- London (United Kingdom): One of the largest cities of Europe, this capital of England is one of the top cities for shopping. From meager to the grandest in luxury, London offers everything to everyone. Oxford Street offers budget shopping while the stores in central London and Sloane Street have most upscale stores.
- Berlin (Germany): With Kurfürstendamm and the Tauentzienstrasse as the busiest street of Berlin, the city has evolved as one of the newest shopping destination of Europe. These streets have large departmental stores and expensive boutiques. The deals in Berlin are comparatively cheaper in comparison with other large European cities like London and Paris.
- St. Petersburg (Russia): St. Petersburg is a little too unusual city to be listed here. This little too north and way too cold city offers a unique shopping experience. Apart from usual things St. Petersburg offers local specialty matrioshka dolls. With many departmental stores and boutiques, Nevesky Prospekt is the main shopping street of the city. Apart from shopping, one can also see various historical sites here.
- Madrid (Spain): This capital city of Spain is a perfect hide out for shoppers. Madrid is a much quite place in contrast of being one of best shopping destination. Apart from shopping destination, city offers equally good food and even better nightlife.
- Amsterdam (Netherlands): Amsterdam one of the most visited city in the world and is certainly most sought after cities by shoppers in the world. Constructed during 17th century, Negen Straatjes or The Nine Street is located in the centre of the city and has many boutiques, jewellers, art galleries and also vintage stores. Apart from these stores Negen Straatjes also have many cafes and restaurants. Stores of the most exclusive and exquisite brands can be found in P.C. Hooftstraat.
- Lisbon (Portugal): With perfect temperature and equally soothing climate, this capital city of Portugal is a great shopping hideout. Rossio, the Augusta Street, Avenida da Liberdade and the Chiado are some of the places in Lisbon, which are completely devoted to shopping. Many streets are named after the kind of business, which was practiced there once like, Parta Street for silver, Ferreiros Street for blacksmith, Ouro Street for gold and like that. International luxury brands are located in Avenida da Liberdade. Apart from this many small boutiques and second-hand shops are located in many small streets in and around Chiado.
- Prague (Czech Republic): Prague has evolved as a popular destination for shopping in recent times. In addition to local stores, the city now has many international stores too. The main shopping areas of Prague are located in Wenceslas square and Republic square. All the major shopping destinations and boutiques are positioned centrally in the city.
- Nizza la Bella (France): Nizza la Bella or Nice, the beautiful is a perfect combination of French beauty mixed with unmatched shopping experience. Majority of shops are located in L’avenue Jean Medecin that is at the center of the city. Other shopping streets are located around jean Medecin.
- Rome (Italy): This ancient city of Rome is a delight for any traveller. It has a perfect blend of modernity and history. It ensures a new experience for anyone who wishes to come and shop here. Albeit one can find designer stores all across the city, Via dei Condotti is the most diverse in terms of shops and stores.
So, next time when you plan your shopping spree in Europe, do keep in mind these cities. Have a happy shopping experience.
About author: Sonali is interested in traveling and shares her experience among others. Here he is telling about hotel viva destination gurgaon. Get information on different Conference hall in Gurgaon prior to visit Delhi/NCR.